Friday, May 2, 2008

Phillies

Yesterday, John and I hit up the Phillies game vs. San Diego. It was a great time - Phils won, which makes it that much better, but I had such a nice time with the boyfriend that it wouldn't have really ruined anything if they lost. (Okay... Maybe a little bit, but that's all.)

John and I don't get to spend very much time together, living over an hour away and working conflicting schedules and all, so that time we do spend together is usually a later-evening segment between working that leaves us a bit run down (and me always sleepy) to do anything very exciting. The beauty of it is that neither of us seems to mind - just the time together is lovely, whether it's spent playing Scrabble and watching television or out and about with friends.

Nevertheless, it was nice to go to the game just one-on-one. (Well, plus the 32,999 other fans, that is.) We don't get to too many Phillies games throughout the season (the whole conflicting schedule thing) so, when we do go, it's usually with friends, moms, dads or siblings in tow. Which, don't get me wrong, is great. But sometimes you just want to be on your own, you know?

I guess what I'm just trying to get at is that I had a nice time. Really nice.

No comments: