Monday, September 15, 2008

A bit of down time...

Not that there's ever actual down time at work, but I'm eating my lunch so I decided to take a teeny break.

I played with my Sculpey this weekend (pictures are forthcoming - I still need to glaze) and I'm so happy with how everything turned out, save for one or two items. I made mini pumpkin earrings, and they are too cute. Ever notice how if you make anything tiny, it's just cuter than normal? Like baby shoes - what's cuter than miniature high tops? Anyway. I also tried mini bats, which the charms by themselves I wasn't absolutely crazy over, but I love how I put them together with beads for earrings. I did mini pine trees (for Christmas), little Rudolphs (not thrilled with these) and - also too cute - little slices of pumpkin pie with dollops of whipped cream. Those are for earrings, too, and I think I'll make charms for necklaces to go with. Mmm... I love pumpkin pie.

I made some pumpkin pins and sets of mini pumpkins, which I think I'll bring to sit on my desk. I love how everything looks without glaze, so I think I'll shine up about half of the pieces, and leave the others natural.

If I have time, I'm going to do some more tonight. I think I want to try some other mini desserts (all the posts on Craftster with little pies, doughnuts, cookies, cupcakes, etc. are so sweet) and some more pumpkins, of course. I think some candy corn earrings could be very cute, too... We'll have to try that out.

Some of my Halloween decorations are MIA. My parents are nice enough to let me keep (lots of) my stuff packed away at their house, since my space is limited, but now we're missing a box. Plenty of time to find it, but I'm thinking about what's missing and I'm very sad - my witch lantern is a favorite, as well as my gourd jack-o-lantern.

Speaking of jack-o-lanterns, I had my glass fusion class yesterday and we made jack-o-lantern platters. The instructor took them all to fire up in her kiln, and we'll have them back in a week. I'll take a picture of the final product. Unfortunately, I was in a depressed kind of funk all weekend and therefore forgot to take pictures at the class. I'm going to try more glass fusion, though, so I'll remember to take pictures when I do.

And the sadness? It's lifting. I'm still a little down today - I can't even figure out why - but I can feel myself getting better. Oh, and I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte today, so no doubt that perked me up. Aside from feeling down, it was a very nice, relaxing, craft-filled weekend.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

=)

You're so crafty.

I cannot check my email at work, but I can evidently look at blogs.

Good to know, eh?